2:00 PM-5:00 PM
Regenerating Cities for the Post-Pandemic:
What counts for transformative impact?
In the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic we need novel ways of practicing urban regeneration. With new paradigms emerging – Just Cities, Productive Cities, Heritage Cities, Climate-Neutral Cities, to name a few – how can we steer transformative processes of people in places, driven by sustainability, resilience, and inclusion? What are the key elements that we need to consider? How can we assess and understand impact?
Based on novel theories of changes, this webinar will explore the most recent opportunities on the topic and will convene different experiences across European funded projects that are implementing transformative actions in cities.
The event is organized by the Horizon 2020 projects T-Factor, CENTRINNO and HUB-IN and is part of their cross-project collaboration path towards Just, Productive and Heritage-driven cities. The projects are connecting 46 cities across Europe and their local ecosystems of stakeholders through a network of Hubs of Innovation.
14.00 | Welcome and moderation, Alejandra Castro, TU Dortmund University
14.05| Greetings by Arnoldas Milukas, Head of Unit, European Research Executive Agency (REA), European Commission
14.10 | The European way to cities’ rewiring in the post-pandemic: key European policies and initiatives. A discussion with:
- Marie Yeroyanni, Senior Policy Officer, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Maria Chiara Esposito, Policy Officer, DG Education and Culture, European Commission
- Natalia Gkiaouri, Policy Officer, DG for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, European Commission
- Karen Maguire, Head of Division, Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities, OECD
15.10 | Show & Tell Round 1, Three novel paths for building Impact Frameworks in urban regeneration, moderated by Emanuela De Menna, European Research Executive Agency, European Commission
- How can we capture the ‘additionality’ of temporary uses for Just Cities? Laura Martelloni, LAMA Agency, Ignace De Somer, KPMG [T-Factor]
- How can we guide collective action towards Productive Cities? Alex Pazaitis, Tallinn University of Technology [CENTRINNO]
- How can we monitor and evaluate the impact of ‘Hubs of Innovation’ within Heritage Cities? Vera Gregório, Lisboa E-Nova, Chris Taylor, Connected Places Catapult [HUB-IN]
Q&A and Short Break
16.00 | Show & Tell Round 2, Impact Measurement in Action: Stories & Learning. Moderated by Ugo Guarnacci, European Research Executive Agency, European Commission
- Ruba Saleh, ICHEC Brussels Management School [CLIC]
Evaluating the local impact of experimental sites – planned and unplanned results, Hanna Szemzo, Metropolitan Research Institute, [Open Heritage]
- Cristiana Parisi, Copenhagen Business School, [Reflow]
16.30 Q&A and Open Discussion
16.45 Wrap up & Closure